The Banda University of Agriculture and Technology was established on 2nd March 2010, with the aim to promote education in the field of Agriculture and allied sectors. The university is committed to transform low productivity into high productivity of Bundelkhand region for agricultural crops and livestock. Out of 11 proposed colleges, two colleges i.e. College of Agriculture and College of Horticulture are operative in the University. The selection of students is done through U.P. Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The University offers B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture and B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry degrees as per the course curricula recommended by Fourth Deans’ Committee of ICAR. The first batch of both the degree programmers was started from academic session 2011- 12 and they are in final year of their respective degree programmers. three more colleges i.e. Home Science, Agricultural Engineering & Technology and Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry are expected to become functional shortly. It is proposed to start also postgraduate degree programmers in different disciplines.
- i. B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture: (104 students)
- ii. B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture: (104 students)
- iii. B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry : (53 Students)
- iv. B.Sc. (Hons) Home Science (26 Students)
- iv. M.Sc. Agriculture (35 Students)
- v. M.Sc. Horticulture (20 Students)
Main focus at the university is on over all personality development of the students with the objectives of producing competent agricultural graduates, capable of handling the current and future challenges of agriculture.
Students counselling is a continuous process at the campus and have been designed to help the students cope with the present and future challenges in life. Students are also advised about opportunities for further studies in India and abroad, fellowships/scholarships and competitive examinations. The Cell also arranges industrial training, field training and personality improvement of the UG students. The counselling and placement cell strives to place the students by inviting the prospective employers for campus placement.
Dr. Bhanu Prakash Mishra (In-charge)
Associate Professor of Agricultural Extension
College of Agriculture
Mobile No.: 9862506121, 9436200367
Dr. Vaishali Gangwar
Assistant Professor of Crop Physiology
College of Agriculture
Mobile No.: 7570036358
Dr. Abhishek Kalia
Assistant Professor of Agricultural Economics
College of Forestry
Mobile No.: 8840043213
● Prospective employers intimate the university about their human resource requirements from various disciplines of the University.
● The organization will provide a company profile, job qualifications, job responsibilities and other details required for placement of the students.
● The Counselling and Placement Cell thereupon will send bio-data of interested students to the prospective employers.
● A mutually agreed date for holding interviews either at the university campus or employers’ head-quarters will be fixed and the candidates directed accordingly.
● Arrangement for pre-placement talk, written test, group discussions, personal interviews etc. will be made by the cell.